- Be as closely related as possible to the processes and outputs of the negotiations, conference or summit it is being published at.
- Reflect the relevant theme. Outreach often has a daily theme, such as oceans or forests. In these instances you should check the thematic timetable to see which one your article would be most appropriate to feature in.
- Be between 550-700 words (max. 700). We occasionally feature double page articles around 1000-1200 words in length, however if your article is over 700 words we may not be able to publish it.
- Include the name, position and organisation of the author. A short (no more than three sentences) bio on the author can be included, however this will be included in the word count and we cannot guarantee that it will be used.
- Be written in clear, non-expert English. Short sentences are encouraged.
- Give the full name of all acronyms the first time they are used, and abbreviate thereafter. For example: ‘Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)’ in the first instance and ‘SDGs’ thereafter.
- Be submitted as far in advance of the publication date as possible. This will significantly increase the chances of your article being used.
If you have any further questions please contact: